New Hardware Delivers Superior Functionality, Extended Battery Life With Significant Cost Savings
CENTENNIAL, CO – September 28, 2016 – Hitron Americas Technologies Inc., the fastest growing DOCSIS customer premises equipment (CPE) manufacturer in North America, will unveil a game-changing, hand-held meter at Cable-Tec Expo, Sept. 26-29th in Philadelphia. This rugged hardware will deliver a precise level of detailed network information for technicians in the field, promising to be an industry disrupter due to its breakthrough low cost.
The CGN-DP2 is unlike any hand-held meter in the market. With embedded 802.11n 2×2 2.4 GHz radio, the meter transmits network information to the technician’s iOS or Android device while doing away with a built-in display which lowers cost and extends the CGN-DP2’s battery life.
This app-based flexibility enables MSOs to define test plans of different scenarios that the plant or install techs will require through the available SDK. Combined with the ability to report all gathered information to the MSO, this brings flexibility, quality and accuracy for the technician as well as immediate ticket tracking, such as Certificate of Birth installation data. Furthermore, by leveraging the ubiquitous smartphone, the technician has a larger, HD-quality touch-screen experience when viewing and manipulating the data generated by the DOCSIS probe.
The meter’s feature set includes:
- Spectrum analysis
- QAM constellation and lever monitoring
- Upstream equalization analysis
- BER and MER metrics
- Initialization and provisioning status
- Ping and trace route utilities
“Technicians will be able to see and respond to all events which occur on the network through this device. Hand-held meters commonly sell for $8,000 to $10,000; we have been able to pack all of the most-used features into a smaller package which sells for a significantly lower price. Our cable operator customers have shown incredible interest in the CGN-DP2. The expression “game changer” is widely-used, but this product truly fits the description,” said Greg Fisher, CTO of Hitron Americas.
For full demonstrations, visit Hitron at its Cable-Tec Booth #461.
About Hitron Technologies
Hitron Technologies Inc. was founded in 1989 and is the parent company of Hitron Technologies Americas Inc. Today, Hitron designs and manufactures more than three million DOCSIS products annually to MSOs worldwide, which support both residential and business-class applications. Its products include state-of-the art modems, voice & applications gateways for homes & businesses and network monitoring equipment. For more information visit http://www.hitron-americas.com/
- Join Hitron At Cable-Tec Expo® 2018 In Atlanta! Location: Georgia World Congress Center Address: 285 Andrew Young International Blvd NW Atlanta, GA 30313 Booth: Hall B1 No. 349 Date: October 23-25, 2018 More Information
- CableLabs Summer Conference 2018 Link for the show. From Self-Installs to Cloud Optimizations Hitron, fastest-growing DOCSIS CPE vendor in North America, is supplementing their best-in-class modems and Wi-Fi gateways with a growing software and app portfolio to...
- The Independent Show 2018 Link to the show. Find Hitron at booth 458. From Self-Installs to Cloud Optimizations Hitron, fastest-growing DOCSIS CPE vendor in North America, is supplementing their best-in-class modems and Wi-Fi gateways with a growing...