New Hardware Delivers Superior Functionality, Extended Battery Life With Significant Cost Savings
CENTENNIAL, CO – September 28, 2016 – Hitron Americas Technologies Inc., the fastest growing DOCSIS customer premises equipment (CPE) manufacturer in North America, will unveil a game-changing, hand-held meter at Cable-Tec Expo, Sept. 26-29th in Philadelphia. This rugged hardware will deliver a precise level of detailed network information for technicians in the field, promising to be an industry disrupter due to its breakthrough low cost.
The CGN-DP2 is unlike any hand-held meter in the market. With embedded 802.11n 2×2 2.4 GHz radio, the meter transmits network information to the technician’s iOS or Android device while doing away with a built-in display which lowers cost and extends the CGN-DP2’s battery life.
This app-based flexibility enables MSOs to define test plans of different scenarios that the plant or install techs will require through the available SDK. Combined with the ability to report all gathered information to the MSO, this brings flexibility, quality and accuracy for the technician as well as immediate ticket tracking, such as Certificate of Birth installation data. Furthermore, by leveraging the ubiquitous smartphone, the technician has a larger, HD-quality touch-screen experience when viewing and manipulating the data generated by the DOCSIS probe.
The meter’s feature set includes:
- Spectrum analysis
- QAM constellation and lever monitoring
- Upstream equalization analysis
- BER and MER metrics
- Initialization and provisioning status
- Ping and trace route utilities
“Technicians will be able to see and respond to all events which occur on the network through this device. Hand-held meters commonly sell for $8,000 to $10,000; we have been able to pack all of the most-used features into a smaller package which sells for a significantly lower price. Our cable operator customers have shown incredible interest in the CGN-DP2. The expression “game changer” is widely-used, but this product truly fits the description,” said Greg Fisher, CTO of Hitron Americas.
For full demonstrations, visit Hitron at its Cable-Tec Booth #461.
About Hitron Technologies
Hitron Technologies Inc. was founded in 1989 and is the parent company of Hitron Technologies Americas Inc. Today, Hitron designs and manufactures more than three million DOCSIS products annually to MSOs worldwide, which support both residential and business-class applications. Its products include state-of-the art modems, voice & applications gateways for homes & businesses and network monitoring equipment. For more information visit http://www.hitron-americas.com/
- NCTC – The Independent Show 2017 For more information, please visit nctconline.org. July 23-26 2017 Indianapolis, IN The Speed of Life -- The rate at which customers expect their high speed data, content delivery and customer service to keep...
- Clearcable Summit 2017 For more information, please visit summit.clearcable.ca Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 8:30am to 5:00pm Art Gallery Of Hamilton 123 King Street West Hamilton, ON
- 2017 SCTE Alaska Chapter Vendor Show Training and the opportunity to talk with vendors about the latest equipment and technology in telecommunications. For more information: email@example.com 18th ANNUAL VENDOR SHOW and TRAINING DAY Date: May 10th, 2017 Time: 8:00am...