Article on BTR
Rogers Communications (TSX:RCI.A) announced a new three-year pilot program at 20 Toronto District School Board (TDSB) locations to bring students Rogers Ignite Gigabit Internet, a DOCSIS 3.1-based service, with unlimited data and at no cost.
“Today’s classrooms are more technology driven than ever,” said Dirk Woessner, president, Consumer Business Unit, Rogers Communications. “With our gigabit speeds, students will have the connectivity to access the best online resources and tools to prepare them for today’s digital economy. Like our Connected for Success Program, this is another way we’re helping bridge the digital divide.”
Rogers’ Connected for Success program provides affordable high-speed Internet access to Canadians living in rent-subsidized non-profit housing.
For the pilot, the TDSB identified locations most urgently in need of an upgrade. The pilot is intended to support:
- Virtual museums and science labs, research tools, or Google Classroom
- Targeted learning tools like audio books and apps to improve English literacy, fluency and numeracy
- Future school or career opportunities at colleges, universities, apprenticeships, or employment using tools like video conferencing
Rogers enabled its DOCSIS 3.1-based Ignite Gigabit Internet across its footprint last year.
- NCTC – The Independent Show 2017 For more information, please visit nctconline.org. July 23-26 2017 Indianapolis, IN The Speed of Life -- The rate at which customers expect their high speed data, content delivery and customer service to keep...
- Clearcable Summit 2017 For more information, please visit summit.clearcable.ca Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 8:30am to 5:00pm Art Gallery Of Hamilton 123 King Street West Hamilton, ON
- 2017 SCTE Alaska Chapter Vendor Show Training and the opportunity to talk with vendors about the latest equipment and technology in telecommunications. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org 18th ANNUAL VENDOR SHOW and TRAINING DAY Date: May 10th, 2017 Time: 8:00am...