Article on BTR
Rogers Communications (TSX:RCI.A) announced a new three-year pilot program at 20 Toronto District School Board (TDSB) locations to bring students Rogers Ignite Gigabit Internet, a DOCSIS 3.1-based service, with unlimited data and at no cost.
“Today’s classrooms are more technology driven than ever,” said Dirk Woessner, president, Consumer Business Unit, Rogers Communications. “With our gigabit speeds, students will have the connectivity to access the best online resources and tools to prepare them for today’s digital economy. Like our Connected for Success Program, this is another way we’re helping bridge the digital divide.”
Rogers’ Connected for Success program provides affordable high-speed Internet access to Canadians living in rent-subsidized non-profit housing.
For the pilot, the TDSB identified locations most urgently in need of an upgrade. The pilot is intended to support:
- Virtual museums and science labs, research tools, or Google Classroom
- Targeted learning tools like audio books and apps to improve English literacy, fluency and numeracy
- Future school or career opportunities at colleges, universities, apprenticeships, or employment using tools like video conferencing
Rogers enabled its DOCSIS 3.1-based Ignite Gigabit Internet across its footprint last year.
- Join Hitron At Cable-Tec Expo® 2018 In Atlanta! Location: Georgia World Congress Center Address: 285 Andrew Young International Blvd NW Atlanta, GA 30313 Booth: Hall B1 No. 349 Date: October 23-25, 2018 More Information
- CableLabs Summer Conference 2018 Link for the show. From Self-Installs to Cloud Optimizations Hitron, fastest-growing DOCSIS CPE vendor in North America, is supplementing their best-in-class modems and Wi-Fi gateways with a growing software and app portfolio to...
- The Independent Show 2018 Link to the show. Find Hitron at booth 458. From Self-Installs to Cloud Optimizations Hitron, fastest-growing DOCSIS CPE vendor in North America, is supplementing their best-in-class modems and Wi-Fi gateways with a growing...